Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Abomination

This may have been the biggest nail mishap I've ever had. I thought it would be neat to try to layer crackle colors on top of each other. But boy was I wrong!
(Pre-disaster) left to right, thumb: China Glaze Techno TealChina Glaze 108 DegreesChina Glaze Flying Dragon, Zoya Charla, Zoya Apple.
I then added (from let to right, thumb) China Glaze Crackle Black MeshChina Glaze Crackle Lightning Bolt, China Glaze Crackle Crushed CandyChina Glaze Crackle Cracked ConcreteChina Glaze Crackle Broken Hearted.
On top of all that I added (left to right, thumb) China Glaze Crackle Broken HeartedChina Glaze Crackle Black MeshChina Glaze Crackle Lightning BoltChina Glaze Crackle Fault LineChina Glaze Crackle Crushed Candy.

Oh god. I can hardly look at this. The first layer of crackle went pretty smoothly, but the second is where everything went off the deep end! The top layer didn't crack at all! It just left an almost see-through film on top. I didn't put a top coat on, and I didn't even bother to clean this up. Needless to say I took it off immediately after taking these pictures.

1 comment:

  1. i think it actually looks pretty cool, but u shouldve waited a day, crackeld it, then waitied till the next day to crackle again, i found tht the longer u wait the better the crackle cuz ur nail polish underneath is smoother

    ReplyDelete