I'm so pleased with how this manicure turned out, I didn't expect this technique to work very well. I transfered clips of the newspaper onto my nails using rubbing alcohol. The base color is Xtreme Wear Wet Cement. The writing will smudge off easily, so its best to apply a topcoat as quickly as possible. The top coat will also rub off the design so use very few brush strokes.
To do this you will need:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Q-Tips, or cottonballs
- Newspaper clippings
- Top Coat
1. Secure a piece of newspaper to your nail, with the ink side facing down.
2. With the other hand, dip your Q-Tip or cottonball into the rubbing alcohol.
3. Press the saturated Q-Tip against the newspaper for about 30 seconds, make
sure not to move the clipping around the nail too much while doing this.
4. Carefully remove the newspaper.
5. Wait a little for the rubbing alcohol to dry.
6. Apply top coat! Use as few strokes as possible so you don't smudge the design