Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Color Club Beyond The Mistletoe

Today I have a couple swatches from the Color Club Beyond The Mistletoe collection, which I consider to be their primary Christmas collection for the year. I only got 4 from the 6 piece collection, because one of them, Holiday Splendor, was too similar to a polish I already own, and the other, Gingerbread, just wasn't in stock at the time of purchase.
Beyond The Mistletoe, the collections namesake. This is a light green holographic glitter in a clear base. 

Jingle Jangle. Wow. By far my favorite of the collection. It's an ice blue and light purple glitter. It's not a holographic, but there's the tiniest hint of it sometimes. Love this color combination. 

Candy Cane is a pink glitter with bits of red and purple mixed in. Also no holograph. Not my favorite, but still pretty.
Sugarplum Fairy. This is a lilac holographic glitter, which is pretty unique, especially for a Christmas collection. The holograph is really strong, so much so that when you look at it, you can't really see the lilac pigments. 

The Beyond The Mistletoe collection consists of entirely glitters. I can't speak for the two polishes I don't own, but these are all chunky and thick. They all took three coats for opacity, and even still there were some bald spots, which I guess is why they released a color-corresponding collection of foils around the same time. They were also extremely gritty, and completely sucked up the top coat. Despite those negative aspects, I actually really do like the collection, the colors are magnificent, and I'm willing to put up with unsavory formula for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment