Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

China Glaze Agro & Smoke And Ash

This is my final post concerning the China Glaze Hunger Games collection. Today I have Agro, District 11 Agriculture, and Smoke And Ash, District 12 Mining.
Agro is a gorgeous color! It's an olive green shimmer with some metallic like sparkles. It's very opaque and smooth. But it reminded me of another polish I own, China Glaze Peace On Earth, so I had to investigate. These colors are very similar, but they are not the same. Peace on Earth is Lighter toned and a bit more lime, it also was a tad more sheer. Although they aren't the same, I would say that if you have one, you definitely do not need the other.
Smoke And Ash. This is the biggest disappointment of the collection. It has green sparkles, that sometimes flash blueish, in a very dark, if not black base. This color in the bottle is spectacular, but it just doesn't translate onto the nail. The glitter is visible, just not as apparent as I had hoped. the color just looks black unless you take a close look at it in the right light. It's not a bad color, just not what I had anticipated.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Smoke and Ash would be sparklier than it was too! The black or inky color of the polish just eats up the glitter. I put a coat of OPI Fresh Frog of Bellaire on top of mine and it looked a lot better.

    ReplyDelete