Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

31 Day Challenge II: Inspired By A Song

 Today is inspired by a song! I had a ton of ideas for this manicure, but once I thought about Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Tony Orlando & Dawn, I knew I had to paint it. Here's the song with a lovely picture of a fall landscape.
 The song is basically about a man coming home from prison and telling his love to tie a yellow ribbon around a tree if she still wants to be with him. At the end of the song he comes home and the tree is full of yellow ribbons! The song is super cute and catchy. For my nails I paint a big ole tree with a bunch of ribbons on it. On my pinky I did a key because in the song he states that the ribbons are his key to freedom.
The base color is Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau. The greens in the tree are China Glaze Starboard, Zoya Shawn, and Xtreme Wear Green With Envy. The branches are China Glaze Mahogany Magic with some Revlon Hot For Chocolate. The ribbons are Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow. The key is Essie Good as Gold.

2 comments:

  1. For the flag inspired day would you please consider doing the british flag?

    ReplyDelete