Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

31 Day Challenge II: Red Nails

Hi! Today I have some exciting news! I will be doing the 31 Day Challenge yet again. This challenge has resurfaced on a bunch of popular nail blogs and I couldn't resist doing it again. Like most of the bloggers participating, I really want to see how much I've grown as a nail artist since last year. Also, it keeps me busy. Anyway, on to the challenge! It's the same as last year, with the exception of day 31.
That being said, day 1 is.... Red Nails! (I've always wanted to change the font color!) This year I wanted to do some nail art for the first 6 days, rather than just plan old swatches. Boy, do I think I kicked off this challenge in a great way! When I thought about red things the first item that popped into my head was my car. I drive a '92 Saab convertible named Roy.
 It's old, the paints chipping, and it has no A/C, but I love it! I've never really painted one image on three different nails before, so at first I had a bit of trouble getting the proportions right, but I'm really happy with how it turned out! Of course I had to include myself cruising in the car. On to the unnecessary amount of pictures!
 
For the base of the car nails I used Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau. The car is Xtreme Wear Cherry Red and the accents on it are Essie Power Clutch, No Place Like Chrome, a black, and a tiny bit of Color Club I Always Get My Man-Darin. The road is Essie Power Clutch and XW Mellow Yellow, and the grass is LA Splash Greenery. I am mainly made of LA Splash Nudist, and China Glaze Mahogany Magic. My Thumb is China Glaze First Mate and Essie No Place Like Chrome

1 comment: