Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

31 Day Challenge II: Violet Nails

Hi! Today is day 6, Violet Nails! Or as I just like to call it, purple nails. For this manicure I did sugar spun nails! I love this technique. It's as simple as draping strips of tacky nail polish across your nail. It makes a neat effect, and I actually love the fact that this doesn't need top coat, it feels so neat! Ignore the fact that these pictures are extremely yellow. Taking them in this lighting was the only way to get the nail polish color accurate.
The base is Color Club Age Of Aquarius. The purples I used are Color Club Disco Dress, Pucci-Licious, and Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac.

3 comments:

  1. This is cool! So do you do this while the nail polish is still wet, or do you do it on wax paper or something and wait for it to dry and then drape it over your nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Put a couple of drops onto a piece of paper and wait for it to dry until its tacky. If you dab a toothpick in the polish and it comes up all stringy, then it's the perfect consistency. I find older polishes work better because they tend to be thicker and dry faster.

      Delete
  2. That looks so cool! I don't dare try it though, I know I'd pick it off in five seconds. Me and my bad picking habit. :(

    ReplyDelete